A complete multimedia suite
If we talk about something as prehistoric as burning CDs and DVDs, one name springs to mind: Nero. And it does so because it has been a reference program to record optical discs for years. But, as you already know, these storage formats are becoming out of date thanks to modern broadband connections and cloud storage services. That's why its developers have decided to evolve and adapt to the new needs of the modern user.
Another multimedia suite
This new development hasn't completely abandoned disc burning but is trying to boost other aspects such as its multimedia functions. That's why the 2017 version comes along with features aimed at the creation, edition, conversion and playback of files such as images, videos and music.
The CD and DVD burning classic has reinvented itself.
Nero 2016: improvements regarding this version
In this new version, previously known as Burning Rom we can find the following functions and features that you're probably very familiar with:
- Burn and copy optical discs.
- Functions to work with multimedia files: create, edit, extract, convert, play and stream.
- Share videos, photos, and music with other users and devices.
- Multimedia control center that allows the synchronization with smartphones, tablets, and PCs, allowing us to locate and recover any file.
- Advanced searches according to different criteria: time, faces, places, and tags.
- Create projects with different contents thanks to Nero QuickStart.
- Media center functions with MediaHome.
- Support for subtitles in videos.
- Password protection and 256-bit AES encryption for optical discs.
- Quick conversion of audio CD to MP3 and AAC.
Additional functions of the Platinum version
The above are the features of the Classic version, but there's a more advanced version, known as Nero 2017 Platinum. It goes a step further offering us features conceived high-quality video editing, with Ultra HD output, including compatibility with the HEVC format.
With over 300 additional effects, including filters and templates for video editing, it offers us an extra that we should take into account rather seriously.
The apps that make the most of this suite
It also comes along with an ecosystem of apps with which the user can make the most of the program from his mobile device. KnowHow, MediaHome WiFy Sync App, Streaming Player App and Receiver App work together with the latter and allow us to make use of different functions from our smartphone or tablet, such as transferring files without passwords or solving troubleshooting.
Simple and intuitive interface
One of the best features of this suite is that it offers us a control center with a clean design, perfectly divided into areas and using a color code that will make work much easier for us. Its functions are divided as follows:
- Management and playback: MediaHome and MediaBrowser.
- Editing and converting: Video, Recode, and Contents.
- Copying from a CD and burning: Burning ROM, Express, Disc to Device and CoverDesigner.
- Backups and rescue discs: RescueAgent and BackItUp.
- Extras: Music Recorder, AirBurn, Tools, and Control Center.
Download music legally in MP3 format
One of the most popular features among its users is definitely Music Recorder, its music platform. With over 90,000 radio stations of more than 120 different styles, it allows us to legally download and record all that music in MP3 format.
This new version of Nero includes plenty of different functions, not only those that are directly related to the world of disc burning but other complementary features that replace such popular tools like Nero BurnLite, Nero Move It or Nero PhotoShow, among many others.
If all the possibilities offered by Nero Burning ROM overwhelm you, you could resort to a much simpler version, with fewer features, but with all the essential things from Nero's burning suite with this reduced and free version, the user could continue recording his CDs and DVDs, although he could have missed compatibility with Blu-rays.
Nero Move It
Nero Move It was a really simple tool to transfer files between mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets or portable consoles, to be able to enjoy your multimedia files wherever you are.
With the functionalities of this tool by Nero, you didn't have to worry about format incompatibilities as it took care of converting them to the most appropriate format for each device so that you didn't miss out on your favorite videos or images, regardless of the device you used.
You didn't have to resort to Office programs to create slideshows with your photos. Nero had its own software to create presentations with our images, with the added functionality of incorporating a powerful photo enhancement tool.
Therefore, before creating your slideshows you could improve and edit photos with different filters and settings, to make your creation as perfect as possible. As couldn't be otherwise, burning your slideshow onto a CD or DVD was easier than ever.
- The trial version can be used for 14 days.
- Requires Windows 7 or above.
- Internet connection required for certain services.
Nero AirBurn Android 1.0.9
Burn your Android's content onto an optical disc
Nero AirBurn iPhone 1.0.14
Burn your iPhone's contents on a disc